There are 3 ASSIST modules available:
- ASSIST for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- ASSIST for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- ASSIST for Learning Disabilities
Each ASSIST module is developed with these themes in mind
The goals of ASSIST include:
- Reducing student's neurodevelopmental disorder symptoms and impairment
- Increasing student quality of life.
We want to achieve the goals of ASSIST by:
- Increasing positive belief systems toward students with Neurodevelopmental Disorders (NDDs) by increasing teachers' literacy/knowledge with respect to NDDs.
- Supporting teachers in developing and implementing evidence-based strategies to use in the classroom that support students' social-emotional, learning, and behavioural success.
ASSIST Program Sessions
While each ASSIST module is slightly different depending on the disorder, each module has 6 sessions, each of which has a main goal: